As we know that Windows 10 is one of the most popular and most stable version of Windows operating system since 2000. People who have limited CPU power faces problem using Windows 10 that 50% CPU usages at startup. if you are a gamer then you suffer the most. because of high CPU usage on Windows 10 most of the gamer do not able to play few games even at the lowest settings. so here is the question is causes for high CPU or disk usage? most of the time this happens because of Microsoft compatibility telemetry and other automatic system scan that Drain power from the CPU cores.
what is Microsoft compatibility telemetry and it’s Purpose
Microsoft compatibility telemetry is a process which Windows 10 use for scan your computer which running in background and causing high CPU and disk usage. this process launches from a specific command which is CompatTelRunner.EXE, this command belongs to Microsoft Windows operating system so this is safe to execute but it causes high disk usage on CPU.
This given command file helps Microsoft to identify the compatibility of CPU with the latest version of Windows operating system. Microsoft compatibility telemetry scans all the files of your computer and update them to make them compatible with windows 10. Microsoft compatibility elementary files first time introduced while using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 uses which also known by the name of Windows KB2977759 update.
Why to turn off Windows elementary service on Windows 10
we have come across hundreds of Technology related forums and we have found that Microsoft compatibility telemetry Related questions that it makes performance of computer very slow. and many user faces program crashes and slow down issues.
as we know that not a single computer user want to slow down their PC and they want not to hurt their privacy. this is the reason that most of the Windows 10 user who faces slow down, program places and high CPU disk usage issues they want to turn off Windows elementary services on Windows 10.
so here we are going to share some methods which will help you to disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry in Windows 10.
How to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High CPU Usage
Method 1 use group policy editor
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke a Run command.
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- Visit Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
- Double-click On Allow Telemetry.
- Select Disabled, then click Apply > OK.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys (at the same time) to open your Task Manager, check to see if Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry takes up a normal disk usage.
- This is the simplest and easiest method which help you do turn off Microsoft compatibility telemetry runner on your Windows 10.
Method Second :- Delete CompatTelRunner.exe after taking ownership of it
this is a little bit greedy method which requires having the administration previous on the computer. so before you start you have to login to your computer using administrations account and after that follow this given Steps.
- Open Windows search and type CompatTelRunner. Right-click on the matching result to see options and select Open File Location. Or you can just go to C disk, then to Windows folder, and then to System32 folder. An even easier method is to open Run (Windows key + R), type C:\Windows\System32 and press Enter. In the System32 folder, find the file called CompatTelRunner.exe.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties. Now, go to the Security tab and click Advanced button here.
- Next, open Owner tab and click Change option. Then choose Advanced. Then click Find Now.
- This displays a list of owners, so select the account you are using right now and click OK. Then close tables by clicking OK. In Advanced Security Settings table, click Apply and OK. You might be asked to close all Properties windows, so do so.
- After changing the file owner, you have to change the permissions for the file. Right-click CompatTelRunner.exe file and open Properties once again. Navigate to Security tab > Advanced > Select User from a list > Edit.
- A new window then opens, offering permission suggestions. Look at Allow column and select Full Control. Click OK. Then Apply and OK. Click Yes to confirm your choice.
- Now that you have full control of the file right-click the file and Delete it.
Windows 10 is one of the best and most advanced operating system of Windows. but people leave if you strength then you faced lots of problem with Microsoft compatibility telemetry Runner which causes high CPU and disk usage. you can follow all the given in steps and you will be able to stop all the issues on your computer and you will get a better performance.